Sunday 18 March 2007

Zoo Negara

Went to Zoo Negara this morning. Timothy's classmate, Hannah had a huge birthday celebration. TV channel crews and all sort of press agents were everywhere coz it was a first ever held birthday bash in a considerable big scale event. It was like a Carnival!!! With pony rides, elephant shows, never ending games, concert and etc. Kiddy food stalls with colourful canopies were errected at the open park to feed hungry lil tummies but not my lil one's as the queue was just ridiculous for mummy to patiently line up. :P


The weather was too unkind. So HUMID and HOT. Totally not a single wave of breeze. Not only that, mozi everywhere la. (basically covered my boy and myself with mozi repellent) :P Well, I think ah, our weather here is just not conducive to have such concept parties la.


Actually our Zoo Negara is quite disappointing. First of all, it is not as well kept and properly maintained from my expectation. Not as clean as some of the Zoo we have visited else where. Some of the poor animals look sickly and the pond is a terrible sight. It looked so contaminated and smell so awful. *Yucks* (Me feeling queasy thinking of it now) :P
I just wondered why some families can just picnic around there. Wat is there to see, huh??? Such a sore eye. Gosh!!!

I can go on complaining lots more, u know!!! But...ahem...all I can say, it will be my first and last trip la.

We 'cabut' early as I was afraid Timothy might get a heat stroke as he was drenched with his perspire. His lil face was as red as a lobster from the heat. Daddy came to the rescue. Picked us up and we were very soon in the comfort of the cool air conditioning in the car. *smile* And off, we went for a lunch.

Please don't get me wrong!!!! Not that I hold anything against the party or the people but it was the location itself. All in all, the birthday party was, however, great. The host was very hospitable, the rest of the kids had a ball and most importantly, the lil birthday gal looked so very HAPPY. "Who cares about my blabbering, rite???" Nevertheless, I must admit Timothy had a bit of fun also laaaa despite all this complaining of mine. *wink*

Here are some shots. :P


Timothy patting a HornBill.



High-light of the day..... Pony Ride!!

2 comments:

Mabelle Me said...

indeed - zoo negara is such a pathetic place to visit - i am not proud of what we have to offer tourists and locals. somemore visit msia 2007, imagine the public transportation to the zoo if tourists were to go there, how to go back - we can drive, but what about them. We have such moronic people to maintain the zoo!! Compare to Singapore's Zoo... high heaven!

Estee Soo said...

Yup, I totally agree w u. Like wat I said it will b my 1st and last.