Wednesday 7 March 2007

Pain :(


I am in so much pain this time round after my visit from my orthondontist today. Just took a tab of arcoxia (strong pain killer) and hope I'll have a good nite sleep later. I've been wearing braces for exactly a year now to correct my ugly lower teeth. So far, I have did gum lifting and reduction on my upper gum by lasering off the tissue to have a nicer smile line. Damn vain... rite??!!!

Every month I have to endure throbbing pain for a few days from the tightening of the wire on my braces to close up my gap on my lower teeth. My stubborn molars has not been adjusting accordingly from my doctor's explanation. It has created my front lower teeth to collapse a bit inwards as there is no anchor to support the movement as my upper teeth are without any braces.

So this weekend, I am going to have a micro implant anchorage procedure to rectify it. It is one of the latest technological advances in orthondontist, a miniature screw type used to help move my teeth effectively and rapidly during braces treatment. A tiny metal screw will be screwed to my gum and into my jaw bone. It seems, a procedure that is painless with local anethesi. It sounds scary and looks crazy from the pics Dr.Chai showed me. I was grossed out and quite reluctant to decide on doing it at first. I had a long consultation with him and he assured that it is a very safe and painless procedure without any sort of side effect. What the heck la....just do it la!!! :P

I do believe everything is going be alrite (Hmmmm....I think I am trying to console myself la...Geeeeezzz) My appointment is set. Going to fix it on Saturday. From there, I think I still have another 2 ordeal months to go. Once the metals are taken off, I plan to have my set of chompers whiten to the max. White as can be. HEHEHEHEHE. (Always wanted white shinning healthy looking teeth) *big smile*

I am so hungry now and I can't eat anything coz my teeth are so bloody sensitive. Well, actually come to think of it, good also la. I get to lose some weight. *smile* *duh*

Vanity is not easy to come by. I do hope it's gonna be worth it after all this torture I put myself through. :P

No comments: