Tuesday 22 May 2007

Mother & Baby


A wonderful part of my life with my son was being on the Cover of Mother & Baby Magazine 3 years ago. Timothy was just only 15 mths when we did the photo shoot. It was a wonderful and memorable experienced that I shared with my boy.

In fact, he was just starting to walk at that time and it was a handful to get him to sit still. So much so that I had to run after him like a headless chicken. Ha!. But what was even more difficult was to get him to smile. Well, you can just imagine how hard it was to get that shot on the cover la . He was a very energetic baby and still is. The photography crew were all so patient. *salute*

I can proudly say that I will keep this magazine forever and in future, tell him all about our this amazing experienced when he is a grown up.


Interviewed and written by the editor of M&B magazine :-



Timothy is the BEST thing that has ever happened to us eventhough he was not a planned baby. My husband, Kenneth and I wanted to enjoy life together for a couple of years before starting a family but I guess GOD had other plans for us.

My first trimester of pregnancy was awful. I had evening sickness instead of morning. I would come home from the office and start throwing up once I got into the house. In a way, it was good because it actually did not interfere or affect me when I was at work (I was still working until two weeks before delivery)

Fortunately, my second and third trimester went by like a honeymoon! Except for the bout of vomitting and the occasional backache, which my husband helped to soothe by giving me back massages, I enjoyed my pregnancy. Seeing the changes to my body and feeling something inside me growing and moving was such a wonderful feeling and a miracle of sorts.

On the morning of my due date, I had a show but no contractions. Later in the night, I started to have mild contractions. My contractions were 10 mins apart when I was admitted. It turned out I had to endure 18 hours of labour before finally giving birth to Timothy. I think I would not have pulled through without the encouragement and support of my husband, who was by my side throughout the delivery.

Timothy is now 18 months old, and he has been a very good baby. He has never actually given me any major problems. He is a very happy, friendly and sociable baby. I see alot of my husband in him. He is just like his Daddy, personality and character wise.

Kenneth and I decided that it was best for me to be a stay-at- home mum because we wanted Timothy to be closer to both of us rather than the maid. We also want to be able to teach and guide him in the way we think is best for him.

3 comments:

Sasha Tan said...

wuah! on the cover samo! Cool! mine inside the book also cannot masuk. kakakka

wHOisBaBy said...

wow ... cover page! very beautiful picture. brandon seldom show us big smiles in front of the camera, so i understand what you mean. but this picture is just perfect. did they give you a copy of the real picture for you to keep?

Estee Soo said...

Sasha: Thks! You hv a great sense of humour.

Anna: Thks. Yes they did. In a 10R size. :)