Tuesday 25 September 2007

My Recent Read.



I just finished reading Khaled Hosseini second novel. A Thousand Splendid Suns. I was unable to put it down and finished it within 2 days. I think it's a very beautifully written story. I enjoyed this book tremendously. It's different from alot of other books, feels very historically accurate and different in perspective and insite despite being fiction.

The story tells about two unfortunate women living in Afghanistan. And how misfortune ended them with a same cruel violent man and so on.

I felt a renew appreciation for my own life as a woman in this world after reading this book. And realise how privilege I am. At one stage through the book, I had to stop and I cried with empathy. So kesian!!

Well, whoever wanna 'pinjam', you're most welcome. Buzz me la. It's an amazing reading!!!

No comments: