Monday 12 November 2007

Cameron Highlands

'Way Foong' Bungalow.

The last time I went to Cameron Highlands was exactly 7 years ago. When hubby and I were in our courting days. *smile*

Last week, we decided to spend a 3 days 2 nites stay as it's also Timothy 1st trip. Since the new road from Simpang Pulai has been opened, it was not as windy as the old road before. So the journey up was quite alrite. Luckily, Timothy & I didn't experienced any major car sickness.

Located high up in Tanah Rata, we stayed at an old lil colonial bungalow owned by HSBC. My brother in-law, Nick is attached to the bank. Therefore, we're able to have this opportunity.

The bungalow is called The 'Way Foong.' A 1930's one storey building that consists of 3 bedrooms with attached bathrooms, a living room with a fire place, a dining room, a kitchen and a lil beautiful garden at the back. It's manage by caretakers, a lovely old couple. Not only do they keep the place prim and proper but both are excellent cooks as well. They can cook up a storm. From breakfast, lunch, tea and dinner.

I had such a relaxing time. Reading. Playing card games. Going for walks with my son. 'Makan makan.' Drinking good wines. And just spending quality time with my family.


Breathtaking view of the tea plantation.



6 comments:

wHOisBaBy said...

nice trip. somemore got real firewood fireplace ... so cosy and comfort feel to the home.

Michelle said...

Strawberries! My favourite!

Estee Soo said...

Anna: Yes, it was indeed a nice trip. We love the cool weather. But the weather in LA is even better. ;)

Michelle: Me too. Champagne and strawberries. Heaven!!

NS said...

I have never been to Camerons...must go lar... looking at some of the really tempting pictures you have.

Unknown said...

hi dear, would you cntact me the owner of this bungalow.. your help much appreciated.

mail me at jazzeyra.aj@gmail.com

thanks

Edward Ho said...

Hi, can I have the care taker's contact number pls. Thanks alot